Jun 13, 2008
My husband cannot get it up.His cd4 count is below 100.He is about to start on the med.Does a low cd4 count affect your erection capabilities to zero
Response from Dr. Henry
Impotence if fairly common in the general population and seems more common in HIV+ persons. It likely is more common with lower CD4 counts though many persons with CD4 count < 100 can still get an erection. Sometimes drug therapy with testosterone supplements or Viagra like drugs can be helpful (dosing needs to be done carefully for latter drugs). KH
Norvir side effects
- Which Cells Are Affected By Herpes?
- What Percent Of People Have Herpes?
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.