Jun 13, 2008
My husband cannot get it up.His cd4 count is below 100.He is about to start on the med.Does a low cd4 count affect your erection capabilities to zero
Response from Dr. Henry
Impotence if fairly common in the general population and seems more common in HIV+ persons. It likely is more common with lower CD4 counts though many persons with CD4 count < 100 can still get an erection. Sometimes drug therapy with testosterone supplements or Viagra like drugs can be helpful (dosing needs to be done carefully for latter drugs). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet Worried It Could Be Ars
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.