Norvir side effects

My dr. is putting me back on Norvir along with Prezista Selzentry and Fuzeon because i have become resistant to the others.He tried Norvir almost 2 years ago and the side effect was stayed in bed, couldn't eat, didn't want to do anything and lost 21 lbs in 23 days. I only took the norvir about 3 or 4 days. I thought my life was over all that time.Then it took me about 2 weeks to regain strength energy and feel like eating a meal. He knows this and i am terrified of starting it again.Also i had to drain the capsule into a spoon because i cannot swallow a pill. I have now been told it needs to release slowly into the intestine not the stomach. Do you have any suggestions that might help me? Thank you Sandra

Some patient do better with Norvir capsules with milk or peanute butter prior to taking. Some patients prefer the liquid form. Some patients seem to tolerate ritoanvir better when taken with lopinavir in the form of Kaletra (new smaller pediatric tablets may be preferred by some patients) though use with darunavir is tricky and generally not recommended (Kaletra + Prezista). In some patients we have placed a PEG feeding tube into the stomach through the skin to avoid the swallowing problems with some HIV meds (incuding Norvir). KH

renal problems
erection