Combivir & Efavirenz
Jun 11, 2008
How long can one continue taking this combination?
Response from Dr. Henry
There is no defined limit to how long patients who are doing well can continue to take efavirenz + Combivir. The failure rate in compliant patients who are on that combination and suppressed appears to be very low (? < 5%/year) so effectiveness for > 20 years seems likely (though data so far limited to less than a decade since efavirenz hasn't been available for longer than that)> KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Fingering Stripper
- Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Should I Get Tested After Anal Fingering?
- Sucking Penis How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.