|Combivir & Efavirenz
Jun 11, 2008
How long can one continue taking this combination?
Response from Dr. Henry
There is no defined limit to how long patients who are doing well can continue to take efavirenz + Combivir. The failure rate in compliant patients who are on that combination and suppressed appears to be very low (? < 5%/year) so effectiveness for > 20 years seems likely (though data so far limited to less than a decade since efavirenz hasn't been available for longer than that)> KH
Is this ok
Ed and Atripla
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- Can I Catch HIV From Clothes?
- Confirmed Cases Of Hiv By Tattoos
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.