rash/acne

hello,ive been taking truvada,prezista,norvir and issentress for 1 yr. two week after starting i experienced intense itching all over my body and red itchy,pus filed little bumps on my face,neck,chest,upper back and upper outer arms. i was wondering if it is a side of the meds or am i having an allergic reaction, my doctor gave me a steroid creme for the breakouts and a pill for the itching. one year later the itchng has stopped so i am off of the itch med,but i am still using the crem for the rash/acne. is the breakouts going to continue or subside like the itching did. my doctor says that it may be because my body is cleansing itsself my count before meds was (cd4-3 and my viral was 3,126.00 one year later i am now undetectable and my cd4 is 200 and rising. thank you.

Persistent flare ups of skin conditions like you describe can be seen as a result of immune recovery after starting effective therapy. Skin conditions such as seborrhea, folliculitis, and even some forms of acne are common in HIV+ persons with variable responses to effective therapy (often initialo flares and then improvement). Occasionally there may be a direct contribution of a reaction to a specific drug in a regimen. Your regimen suggests a history of prior treatment failure/resistance so options to switch to an alternative regimen on a trial basis (to see what happens to rash) may not be an option in your case. KH

Hair Loss
I keeping Getting Colds