Jun 11, 2008
Hi, I have been taking Atripla since the beginning of April, 2008. I have noticed that I have been losing my hair in strands. Is this common in Aids patients? There is a pattern of male baldness in my family but i had a full head of hair, even before i started taking Atripla.
Response from Dr. Henry
Some excess hair loss can be seen with AIDS as well as some modest contribution by some HIV drugs (the FTC in Atripla occasionally seems to result in increased hair loss). For many patients other considerations (such as genetics) are a more important factor. KH
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Neurological Problems And Hiv
- Is Vaginal Thrush And Vaginal Yeast Infection The Same Thing?
- How Does Hiv Affect The Male Reproductive System?
- Is A Yeast Infection That Wont Go Away Is An Early Symptom Of Hiv?
- Average T-cell Count For Hiv Negative Person
- Can You Get Hiv From An Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.