Jun 11, 2008
Hi, I have been taking Atripla since the beginning of April, 2008. I have noticed that I have been losing my hair in strands. Is this common in Aids patients? There is a pattern of male baldness in my family but i had a full head of hair, even before i started taking Atripla.
Response from Dr. Henry
Some excess hair loss can be seen with AIDS as well as some modest contribution by some HIV drugs (the FTC in Atripla occasionally seems to result in increased hair loss). For many patients other considerations (such as genetics) are a more important factor. KH
- Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Disease Symptoms
- Can You Get Hiv Through Contact With A Bloody Cut?
- How Rare Is It To Get Hiv Transmitted Through Open Cuts?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- What Percent Of The World Has Herpes?
- What Non Sexual Ways Can Herpes Be Spread?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.