Combiver and sustiva help

Hi, I am taking combiver and sustiva for 3 years. I am doing good in everything except one thing. since last year i start to have Melasema(the black pigment)covers my forhead, my nose and my two chick and now it is about to cover all of my face. It is really bothering me, I am a woman who is 29 years old and i don't want to face to look like this. I asked my doc. but he is not worried about those things as long as my CD4 is good. what can i do? I tried a lot of skin peeling or whitening creams but none of them are working on me. Please what can i do, I almost hate myslef.

A small percent of dark skinned patients seem to develop a darkening of localized skin from AZT (most often hands/nails but I have seen in other locations) so that is a possiblity. UV light seems to worsen melasema in some patients. Melasema can be tough to manage but a trial off a possibly contributing medication (such as a switch off AZT to abacavir or tenofovir) is sometimes worth considering. KH

Atripla +rash
Swollen gland after a move.