Atripla +rash

I have been on Atripla for 9 days. Yesterday I developed rash on my 60% of my body. It's rather mild with no noticeable itching, and other than that I feel pretty good. I am taking Benadryl as a precuatiounary measure and an anti-itc cream. Can you tell me if being exposed to the sun is dangerous. Will the rash go away? Many thanks for taking the time to answer this question.

Rash from Atripla is fairly common (most often due to efavirenz) and generally is self limiting over several weeks (symptoms often managed as in your case). The rash usually clears over a two week period and is severe enough to lead to discontinuation in < 2% of patients starting efavirenz. I am not aware of an established increased rate of photosensitivity from UV light. KH

Loss of sex drive
Combiver and sustiva help