|Arthritus type symptoms
May 28, 2008
Hello, and thanks for all your helpful work and advice. I'm 54 years old, on Norvir, Reyataz and Truvada and also Zetia and Simvastatin for cholesterol. Recently I have developed an arthritis symptom which I can only relate to a condition called "trigger finger", temporary locking of the finger joints with moderate pain and swelling immediately after waking in the morning and subsiding, but never completely gone, after a few hours only to return the next morning. Could this possibly be a reaction to any of the meds I'm taking?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Pain localized to the finger joints as you describe would rarely be due to any of your HIV Medications and most likely relates to a non-HIV condition. I often refer patients with joint problems to a rheumatologist to assist in a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.