COMBIVIR AND WHITE CELL COUNTS

AS OF MAY 23,2008 I WAS TOLD THAT MY VIRAL LOAD IS UNDETECTABLE AND MY DD4 COUNT IS OVER 200. MY QUESTION IS DOES THE AZT IN COMBIVIR CAUSES LOW WHITE CELL BLOOD COUNTS AND IF SO WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT. MY HEMATOLOGIST WANTS TO DO ANOTHER BONE MARROW TEST AND I REALLY DON'T WANT HIM TO. MY PLATELET LEVEL IS AT A NORMAL RANGE OF 288 AND MY HEMOGLOBULIN IS 11.7 WHICH INTERM IS STILL A LITTLE LOW. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT THIS SITUATION OR SHOULD I JUST LISTEN TO THE DR AND LET HIM DO WHATEVER HE WANTS. AFTER ALL THIS IS MY BODY AND I READ ON THIS ISSUE AND FEEL THAT MAYSBE I JUST NEED TO MAYBE SWITCH TO ANOTHER MED OTHER THAN COMBIVIR THAT'S NOT GOING TO AFFECT MY WHITE BLOOD COUNTS.I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE ANYONES GUINEY PIG. PLZ HELP ME IF YOU CAN.

The AZT in Combivir often can have a modest effect on bone marrow function with a usually modest effect on WBC counts that is generally of no clinical significance but bears monitoring and looking for other contributing factors if the problem worsens. KH

Atripila Medication
lactic acidosis