Pains

I am HIV positive and recently I have started to get joint pains.They start as sharp pains and end in being a joint or muscle pain.Is the related? I am not under medication my doctor said I didn't need it yet.

Although some forms of arthritis may be more common in HIV+ persons most patients with HIV infection don't experience joint problems. Conversely, most joint pain in HIV+ persons is not related to HIV infection but to a wide variety of conditions that are seen in the general population (such as osteo or other forms of arthritis, tendonitis, or degenerative joint disease). Your HIV specialist is often able to sort out the possible cause of the pain you are experiencing or may consider a referral to a rheumatologist or other specialist. KH

The conundrum of losing weight
Atripila Medication