|liver product s
May 26, 2008
It appears that there are quite a few things that affect the liver negatively when taking some/many/most HIV meds. Would taking milk thistle be of benefit to counter this?
Response from Dr. Henry
Although milk thistle has been tauted as a liver detoxicant there has been non conviving evidince of its beneift/safety for use in HIV infection. Most contemporary HIV regimens do not cause much liver toxicity which is generally monitored regularly with lab studies and physical examinations. KH
- Will Hpv Always Show Up On Std Test?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- When To Check If You Have Gonorrhea In Your Throat?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Effects Can Gonorrhea Have On The Body?
- What Color Are Herpes Lesions?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.