liver product s
May 26, 2008
It appears that there are quite a few things that affect the liver negatively when taking some/many/most HIV meds. Would taking milk thistle be of benefit to counter this?
Response from Dr. Henry
Although milk thistle has been tauted as a liver detoxicant there has been non conviving evidince of its beneift/safety for use in HIV infection. Most contemporary HIV regimens do not cause much liver toxicity which is generally monitored regularly with lab studies and physical examinations. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Urine Be A Certain Color If You Have Chlamydia?
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Happens If Gonorrhea Is Left Untreated?
- What Causes Hpv To Reoccur?
- Symptoms Of Shingles Without Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.