Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Continued symptoms

Please, don't post, but your expert opinions are helpful. I halted Ziagen per doc guidance- refer recent post, The symptoms persist. Stinging limbs, wasting, lightheadedness, discolored eyes and malaise. The 24 Hr.urine sample shows extreme protein excretion. He wants me to see a Nephrologist. I think it's lactic acidosis. He says my lactic levels appear normal and my CD s too high for such. Been on many nnrtis for 14 yrs. Have been dealing with this for 6 mos. and worsening and my docs seem lax in his responsiveness. My trust is waning in Are there any NC research Triangle HIV specialists/centers that you suggest who will actively get to the bottom of this? I learn as much from the web as I've ever gotten from the docs here in town. Thank you.

Proteinuria can be due to HIV nephropathy (more common in African Americans), diabetes, and other kidney problems. A kidney biopsy is sometimes needed to sort out the possibilities. There are numerous excellent HIV centers in North Carolina including the Duke and UNC clinics. Proteinuria would rarely be due to lactic acidosis particularly if normal lactic acid levels. KH

side effects
behind knee ligament pain