CD-4 Cells 329

Hello im from Switzerland My wife was tested Positiv to HIV. We suppose that she have be infected nearly 10 years ago. I'm not infected. Yesterday we got the first results regarding the cd4 count. Her cd4 count is 329. The Doctor told us that we don't have to be worry, it's not too late. He said that we should go chek again the cd4 count in 2 and half months. I've read in many places that if the cd4 count is below 350 a threatment should be started immediatly. Now we are a bit worry.

A CD4 count > 200 is above the AIDS level. A normal CD4 count can be highly variable but is generally > 500 so a level of 329 would be considered intermediate level of damage. In the US we generally begin treatment if a patient has symptoms or has a CD4 count < 350 (confirmed). We are about to start a major study (START Trial) to randomize patients with a CD4 count to immediate treatment or wait until CD4 count < 350 (usual practice). The short term risk for AIDS is generally low for a CD4 count of 329 but there likely is also an increased modest risk for various non-AIDS events like heart disease and cancer. I often would check the CD4 count another time and if < 350 again would generally recommend starting treatment. If the viral load is high (>100,000) then often would more aggressively push to treat. If pregnancy considered then also often would start treatment to decrease chances to transmit to partner or child. KH

What Can I Do?
Kaletra and Combuvir, my risks?