|How long does neuropathy last?
May 14, 2008
About 1 1/2 years ago I was told I had Neuropathy and was told the systoms would last about 18months. I am not on any medication. I was wondering if this does go away or is it permanent?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The course of neuropathy in the setting of HIV and treatment is highly variable. If due to HIV medications it often (but not always) will stabilize or improve when offending medications are stopped. If due to HIV itself then often will not get better until treatment started. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Neuropathy?
- Best Medication For Neuropathy
- What Medication Can You Take For Neuropathy?
- How Long Does It Take For Trazodone To Eliminate Neuropathy?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.