Sustiva+Truvada: Night sweats and strong headaches

My boyfriend started this combo last Friday night.

I am on it for a year now with minimal side effects.

He used to suffer from night sweats before starting the meds but since Friday it has gone a lot worse. He wakes up 10-15 times every night completely drenched in sweat and needs to change his T-shirts repeatedly.

When he wakes up in the morning he accuses a very strong headache in the front part of the head, near the eyes and at the back.

I don't think these are typical side effects of this combo... does anybody else experience this? Will it go with time?

Please help!

Many thanks,

Marco.

Those types of side effects involving the central nervous system can be seen with the efavirenz (Sustiva). He should discuss with his HIV doc so as to sort out whether anything else could be going on (another infection, immune reconstituion symptoms or other conditions) and if believed to be due to the efavirenz could something be offered to control the symptoms while waiting for them to diminish (usually will decrease over first 2-4 weeks). KH

Is a Tummy tuck safe fro a HIV patient?
life with low cd4