| re: newly diagnosed
May 1, 2008
hi doc thanks for your quick reply.ofcourse i will discuss this regimen with my gp.but i was wondering why new drugs like atripala,truvada,isentress etc have not been suggested.sorry i dont have much idea about the hiv drugs but was excited to know that these drugs are more potent than old hiv drugs. thanks for your time god bless you ur opinion is needed
| Response from Dr. Henry
There are many treatment options available in resource rich areas so the decision on what to start with can often be individualized to some degree. Many of the currently widely used regimens are very potent and generaloly well tolerated with fewer of the fat side effects seen in older regimens. Good luck. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.