My Cocktail has grown, again - side effects

I have been positive for nearly 3 years and went on meds about 8 months ago. I started on Truvada and kaletra but had troubles with diarrhea (incapacitating), so, my Doc changed the kaletra to norvir and prezista. Still the diarrhea but less trouble.

My numbers began to plateau and hover aroun 200 viral load, but my tcells came up to over 400. We recently added Isentress to see if we could break the plateau. Does this sound reasonable?

One of the biggest troubles I have started having is pretty severe (watery and frequent) diarrhea. It is sudden, frequent, and "explosive?". I have been on the Isentress for a little over 2 weeks now. Would this be the suspect?

Does anyone have any tips on how to mitigate the diarrhea? It is keeping me from venturing too far from home and effecting my work.

thank you! B

Boosted protease inhibitors using ritonavir cause annoying diarrhea in some paitients. Once daily dosing of Prezista using less ritonavir is beingt studied partly to see if that is better tolerated then the twice a day approach. A number of interventions help variably to diminish protease inhibitor related diarrhea including fiber tablets, calcium supplements, yogurt, or judicious drugs like Immodium or Lomotil. Looking for other causes (such as C difficule from earlier antibiotic use) need to be considered as well. KH

lipoatrophy treatment locations?
No side effects from meds since danactive