Spider senses

I just started my first round of meds a couple of weeks ago. I'm taking a mixture of Retonovir, Fosoprenavir and Truvada. I experienced my share of unfortunate side effects for the first week and have been feeling really great after that. The reason I'm writing is the one strange but persistent symptom I've been experiencing. Since I've been taking the meds I have an incredibly acute sense of smell. Any sort of perfumes or fragrances make me sick, and I'm pretty sure I could sniff out a truffle if I had to. Is that normal? I've asked a few other people on HIV meds and they hadn't ever heard of anything like this happening. Any information would be great! Thanks!

I have had a few patients experience smell abnormalities like you describe that could be due to the ritonavir (in your case with fosamprenavir) that is well known to cause tongue/taste abnormalities that can cross over to effect smell sensations. Any reader with a similar experience is welcome to post their account. KH

Periodontal Disease
viramune and fatigue