Apr 27, 2008
good morning doctor
i am a male of 28 in austria diagnosed with hiv 4 yrs ago.when i checked my cd4 count last month it was 368.my gp want me to start medication and having an appointment with him next week.what drug regimen will i have to consider if i want stay away from pheripheral neuropathy,lipoatrophy and kidney stones.if you can device a drug regimen for me then i will discuss it with my hiv specialist. thanks for your help
| Response from Dr. Henry
Regimens using either efavirenz or a boosted protease inhibitor (ritonavir + atazanavir, lopinavir, fosamprenavir, saquinavir) and either tenofovir/FTC or abacavir/3TC are generally effective with low rates of the side effects you are worried about. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash Worried It Could Be HIV
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.