Apr 27, 2008
good morning doctor
i am a male of 28 in austria diagnosed with hiv 4 yrs ago.when i checked my cd4 count last month it was 368.my gp want me to start medication and having an appointment with him next week.what drug regimen will i have to consider if i want stay away from pheripheral neuropathy,lipoatrophy and kidney stones.if you can device a drug regimen for me then i will discuss it with my hiv specialist. thanks for your help
Response from Dr. Henry
Regimens using either efavirenz or a boosted protease inhibitor (ritonavir + atazanavir, lopinavir, fosamprenavir, saquinavir) and either tenofovir/FTC or abacavir/3TC are generally effective with low rates of the side effects you are worried about. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex With Condom
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Topping Without Condom
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.