lipodystrophy

Due to taking Invarase and Epzicom for an extended period I have accumulated thirty pounds in the abdomen and stomaach. My doc has refused liposuction,lap band or any other procedure to help me rid the lbs. I have started taking Isentress, Reyataz, and Epivir. I was told that I should see a weight loss in six months.(has been three)I am still not getting rid of the fat and can't seem to get a direct answer from the doc as to how to get rid of the fat behind the abdomem wall. I hired a personal trainer and visit the gym with circuit training two/three times a week. HELP

Decreasing intra-abdominal fat gained on HIV treatment can be difficult. I have no experience with switching from your initial regimen to Isentress/atazanvir/epivir in regards to seeing a dramatic decrease in intra-abdominal fat. I would be surprised if most patients did lose a dramatic amount of fat within 3-6 months of making that switch. Diet and exercise as you are doing often can stabilize the situation and sometimes can decrease the amount of fat but that outcome is variable and too often the results are suboptimal. Intraabdominal fat is not usually amendable to liposuction. Investigation treatments being looked at for treatment of lipohypertrophy include human growth hormone and human growth hormone releasing factor which are injected and relatively expensive. KH

Lipo???
trimune 30