E.D. From Atripla? 2
Apr 22, 2008
Forgot to mention that I do use Viagra 100 MG and still get the limp result or erect for just a very short time period. Would another brand work better for me?
Response from Dr. Conway
There is no clear data to suggest that Atripla or any of its components are associated with erectile dysfunction. This being said, efavirenz is an inducer of hepatic metabolism so it may reduce the efficacy of ED drugs such as Viagra. In addition, it may be that HIV infection or related conditions is associated with reduced testosterone levels, which could lead to ED. It may be worth checking if this is the case, by ordering a measure of free testosterone in the blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Take Pap Smear Test If You Are Virgin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.