|E.D. From Atripla? 2
Apr 22, 2008
Forgot to mention that I do use Viagra 100 MG and still get the limp result or erect for just a very short time period. Would another brand work better for me?
| Response from Dr. Conway
There is no clear data to suggest that Atripla or any of its components are associated with erectile dysfunction. This being said, efavirenz is an inducer of hepatic metabolism so it may reduce the efficacy of ED drugs such as Viagra. In addition, it may be that HIV infection or related conditions is associated with reduced testosterone levels, which could lead to ED. It may be worth checking if this is the case, by ordering a measure of free testosterone in the blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.