Weight Gain

Hello Doc's, I have been taking Epzicom, Viread, Norvir, Lexiva for Hiv for 1.5 yrs. I have noticed weight gain in that time period about 20pounds. I know i need more excerise I eat pretty healthy. I am not sure if this cocktail is the cause of it. I suffer from contant naseau and am on Nexium for that my bowls are not consistent - Taking al these pills is doing a number on me. What are you thoughts about suggesting to my Doc to take Atripla. i have been blessed with pretty good health - Laughter is my best medicine.. Thanks and laughing with me ;)

The effect on weight from changing from your current regimen to Atripla has not been well studied nor can it be easily predicted so it is not possible for me to clearly answer your good question. Certainly you could be better off if your tolerated Atripla much better without having to use other meds and would more easily work on diet and exercise so that is worth considering. If you have a history of prior resistance then use of Atripla may be more problematic. KH

A 1 in a million Woman
Melatonin Kaletra and Truavada