|Interaction between HIV medication and Viagra
Apr 18, 2008
I have recently started on truvada and nevirapine and wanted to know whether it is appropriate to take viagra or chinese herbal viagra?
Response from Dr. Henry
Viagra is metabolized in the liver so levels can be impacted by some HIV meds (protease inhibitors generally increase levels increasing risk for side effects while non-nuke drugs like nevirapine can decrease levels resulting in less of a benefit from Viagra). KH
Abacavir - Coronary Disease
Side effects and rash
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can And Std Cause Mouth Ulcers?
- How Are Genital Warts Contracted?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.