Sustiva

This is not so much a question as a comment for anyone starting treatment on sustiva.

I started treatment about 6 weeks ago, and from the outset had a rough first 2 weeks because of the fog feeling, unusual thought processes and feeling drunk/dizzy. In that time all I wanted was someone to tell me that they had experienced it and it would pass- so heres a word for anyone that may be in those early days. IT DOES GO, ok for some it may be quicker, for some longer, but within 4 weeks my side effects have passed considerably and im almost back to normal. To have been told that by someone in the first 2 weeks would have really helped me. Another point to note, my Sustiva/Kivexa regime saw my VL go from 500,000 before treatment to 2060 in just 2 weeks.

Hang on in there if you're in that situation, as it will probably improve, I speak from first hand experience...

Thanks for sharing your experience which should assist other patients get through the often challenging first weeks on treatment with an efavirenz based regimen. KH

Will this combo meds cause lipodystrophy?
Constipation