what to take with my medication

i am currently taking truvada and 800mg of susitiva (for 2years now)and i find when i take the medication with food it causes me to go lightheaded and a fuzzy head feeling. i have been taking them on an empty stomach and found if i dont eat after 5pm ( take my meds at 9pm) i have no side effects. is this ok? my doctor says i should be taking them with food for the meds to be adsorbed correctly into my body. but if i take them with food i cant habdle the side effect.

The standard dose of efavirenz is 600 mg daily so if indeed you taking 800 mg that could be too high a dose. Checking efavirenz levels in your case after taking it on an empty stomach may be worthwhile. In general Truvada + Sustiva (or Atriple if combined in one pill) is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach since taking with food (particularly with fat containing food) can increase the levels of efavirenz and increase side effects. KH

Am I positive?
Cramps and Joint Pain