Am I positive?

I was diagnosed as HIV+ in 1998. My Dr immediately put me on a mix of 12 different drugs and then once Trizivir came out he switched me to that. My question is can it be possible to be mis diagnosed? Reason I ask, is that my Tcell count is always over 1400 and my viral load is undetectable. Should I be tested for the virus again?

effective antiretroviral therapy can result in recovery of T-cell counts to high levels and suppression of viral levels to undetectable. The HIV antibody test almost always remains positive and then is the usual method to determine whether some one is HIV infected. If your original tests (including viral loads and ELISA/western blot antibody test ) are not available then an HIV antibody test might be worth doing if there is any question about whether the original diagnosis was correct. KH

frustrated cont.
what to take with my medication