Apr 17, 2001
My doctor said it could take up to 4 weeks to get back a tongue culture for thrush. Is this correct?. Why does it take so long? If the preliminary report after 12 days is negative is it likely that there will be a positive result? Wouldnt something have shown by now?
Response from Dr. Boyle
I don't do a lot of tongue cultures for thrush since I generally know it when I see it, but it can take a while for yeast and fungi to grow, hence the lengthy delay in getting the final culture. Since Candida species are commensals of man (they are present even without disease), cultures must be interpreted with caution.
neurotin and fatigue
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom Scared To Death
- Do Swollen Lymph Glands Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.