test results

My doctor said it could take up to 4 weeks to get back a tongue culture for thrush. Is this correct?. Why does it take so long? If the preliminary report after 12 days is negative is it likely that there will be a positive result? Wouldnt something have shown by now?

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

I don't do a lot of tongue cultures for thrush since I generally know it when I see it, but it can take a while for yeast and fungi to grow, hence the lengthy delay in getting the final culture. Since Candida species are commensals of man (they are present even without disease), cultures must be interpreted with caution.

Polylastic acid
neurotin and fatigue