Itchy Rash-side effect of Medicine?

I was diagnosed with Aids in November 1999 and immediatly began treatment. T-cell was 58 and Viral load was 570,000. I have responded well to the Meds and numbers have been improving t-cell 284, viral load 10,000. My question to you is recently I have been breaking out with an itchy red rash that started on just my neck (Doc gave me Hydrocortisone) however it has now spread to my face, chest and arms. Could this be a reaction to Epivir, Zerit, and Viracept. Also Bactrim 3x a week. I have also called my Doc but since its the weekend probably won't hear back from him until Monday? Thank for taking the time to answer Questions.

Rick

Rick,

it does sound like it could be a drug rash though none of the three HIV drugs you are on are big offenders but rashes can be seen rarely with them. Bactrim is somewhat more likely a cause if it is drug related but it is so important a drug that I would try to hold out until your doc can see the rash Monday. Benadryl and Tylenol might also help a bit in the meantime. If you develop a fever, sores in your mouth, red eyes, trouble breathing, or the rash worsens a lot more then I would get worried and stop the drugs or go to an urgent care/ER for evaluation. Also check to see if you have used any other new drugs (vitamins, herbs) or had other new exposures (soaps, detergents, hair dyes, etc) and if so stop using the new ones for now. Hope that helps.

KH

please help!!!!!
spare tire?