Lymph nodes

By mistake I found that a 18 centimeter lymph nodes behind my neck is because of AZT.It came from no where and is breaking my neck. I'm taking Norvir, Invarase & Epzicom,which was changed combivir. What can be replaced to prevent futher discomfort?

AZT generally doesn't directly cause massive lymph node enlargement in areas such as behind the neck. If an enlargement/growth is found there it more often is a fat mass (buffalo hump). Such masses are a part of the lipodystrophy spectrum and have been reported in HIV+ persons on no therapy as well as among person on treatment. AZT has been linked mostly to fat loss-its link to fat gain is less clear and is complicated since other drugs, genetics, and a variety of HIV related non -drug factors (such as age, time with HIV infection, low CD4 counts) have been shown to contribute. If a person has a fat lump behind the neck while taking AZT the effect of switching to another drug is variable. Some patients (including a number of my patients) undergo surgical removal for cosmetic (and sometimes diagnostic) reasons. KH

Side effect of Stocrin and Truvada?
the drug truvade