For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Side effect of Stocrin and Truvada?

Only yesterday I began HIV treatment after testing positive via several rapid tests. My HIV confirmatory test and my viral load tests are still pending but with a CD4 count of 243 my doctors thought it fit to begin treatment. I have been experiencing tingling and some numbness along with a persistent headache on the left side of my face. Can this be a side effect of the drugs? Is it likely to subside with time? I'm scared.

The Stocrine (efavirenz) often causes a range of odd brain/central nervous system side effects including perhaps the symptoms you describe so I would guess that the Stocrine is the likely cause. Most of those Stocrine effects when experienced occur in the first days and diminish over the first 2-4 weeks so that after one month the majority have abated or diminished significantly. KH

another neuropathy question
Lymph nodes