anxiety

is it possible for Norvir, Truvada and Reyataz, to give me anxiety. I have been HIV/AIDS for over 10 years, I suffer from anxiety around the same time I tested postive. I have stopped all meds on my own, and I do get some anxiety, but 95% is gone. what do you think

Though it is possible that one of the components of the regimen you were taking could cause anxiety directly, often such anxiety is partly related to the psychologic effects in some patients of taking HIV meds regulary-reminding the person of their HIV status in a daily basis. None of the components of your regimen has been noted to clearly cause that symptom. Actually, stopping effective HIV meds puts a patient at increased risk for both AIDS and non-AIDS health problems so you need to discuss the situation with your HIV specialist and whether an alternative regimen might be considered (though I can't name one with any confidence that would have less of a tendency to cause anxiety than the one you took before). KH

Lipo: My doctor disagrees with me
another neuropathy question