Lactic acidosis related to muscular pain?

Hi.

I am writing on behalf of my partner, who started taking HIV medication 2 weeks ago. He is taking a combination of combivir and Stocrin pescribed by his doctor.

he today told me he's been having strong muscular pains which are to be seen as a normal ( are they? ) reaction from the body to the medication. he said that the pain is mostly due to him developing lactic acid and I have read that sings of lactic acid development must be taken care of immediately as it can be fatal once it gets advanced.

What can I do? how can I help my partner? I told him to go IMMEDIATELY to his doctor or write an email at least but menawhile, fear for him.

any help?

Most muscle aching in patients starting Combivir + Stocrine would not be due to lactic acidosis. The zidovudine in Combivir is the drug most likely causing some degree of muscle symptoms. A physical examination and lab testig (for muscle enzymes and lactic acid level)should help to sort out what is going on. KH

Burning sensation after taking Atripla
can I stop treatment?