Isentress and Headache

I've been on Isentress (and Truvada) since early December 2007. My numbers are good but I have a constant dull headache. It's sort of a feeling like my brain is contracted. I've taken NSAID's but they don't affect it at all. Is there any way to determine if Isentress is causing the head pain? I've taken Truvada for several years with no headache so Isentress would be the suspect here. I read that head pain is one of the most common side effects of Isentress. I wonder if anyone else has this experience with this medication. Thanks.

I have heard some anecdotal reports of headaches of spikes in blood pressure from raltegaravir (Isentress). The only way to find out for sure is to switch off the Isentress on a trial basis (ie use a NNRTI or boosted PI) depending on your past treatment history and resistance concerns. Should be able to sort out within several weeks. If you viral level is suppressed usually OK to switch to an alternative effective drug. KH

Cortisol, sleep problems, stress and Norvir
Missed a dose