Swollen and Painful Lymph Nodes

After a high risk exposure in February of 1998, I came down with fever, Lymphadenopathy, a red rash, and malaise. I have had many negative Elisas and Western Blots as well as undetectable VL, negative HIV-DNA, and negative culture. On the other hand, I have continuous diarrhea, fatigue, an episode of shingles last October, and body rashes that come and go. The constant is the lymphadenopathy which started in the arms, then the axillary nodes, the rib cage, and more recently the femoral and groin lymph nodes which have become very painful and enlarged during the last month, requiring medication with anti-inflammatory drugs and pain killers. I am certain that I have HIV and that for some reason it has remained in my lymph nodes. Have you seen a case like mine in your experience and what do you suggest I should do after almost two years of pain. Thank you!

I have never seen a case like yours that turned out to be HIV. You need to be followed by a sympathetic primary care doc. Also consider seeing a pain specialist.

KH

Help, I might be losing my sight on left eye!
Sustiva Nightmares