|Atripla and kidney damage
Mar 28, 2008
I've been taking Atripla for about 30 days and I recently noticed a slight pain in my right side, can this be kidney damage?
Response from Dr. Henry
The tenofovir in Atripla can cause some significant kidney damage (< 1-2% of patients in first year) but it usually is slow/subtle and generally would not be manifested by flank pain though that could rarely occur. A physical examination and urine analysis would be helpful to sort out. KH
Baraclude effect on hiv
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Touching Vagina
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Black Spots Sign Of HIV Infection
- Is Diarrhea An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.