|Atripla and kidney damage
Mar 28, 2008
I've been taking Atripla for about 30 days and I recently noticed a slight pain in my right side, can this be kidney damage?
Response from Dr. Henry
The tenofovir in Atripla can cause some significant kidney damage (< 1-2% of patients in first year) but it usually is slow/subtle and generally would not be manifested by flank pain though that could rarely occur. A physical examination and urine analysis would be helpful to sort out. KH
Baraclude effect on hiv
- P24 Test For Hiv
- High White Blood Cell Count What Does It Mean Hiv
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge In Women Look Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.