|Baraclude effect on hiv
Mar 28, 2008
I'm an hbv carrier being treated by baraclude, If later I'm contacted with hiv. Can Baraclude delay antibodies' response and suppress VL to undetectable? Still test neg. after 3 months
| Response from Dr. Henry
The issue with entecavir (Baraclude) is that it has some nominal anti-HIV activity that can lead to resistance to some HIV medications (such as 3TC or lamivudine) is a patient also is or becomes HIV infected. Its potency against HIV is mild so I would not generally expect it to have much of a protective effect against infection (not much influence on antibody levels) or in lowering HIV levels to undetectable. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.