Truvada, Viramune - possible reaction

I took Combivir, Norvir and Invirase successfully for two years. But after suffering from pain on the edges of my big toenails for most of the time - which my doctor says can be a side effect of Norvir - and also desiring a meds combo that I only need to take once a day, I decided with my doctor to change to Truvada and Viramune. The morning after the first day of the new pills, I woke up with extreme sinus inflammation and headaches. My doctor says this is unlikely from the drugs and that it is a sinus infection that arose quite coincidentally. After a month of antibiotics the sinus pressure and pain is still there, the headaches as a result as well. I have seen an ear, nose and throat specialist and he found nothing unusual in the sinus passages. Meanwhile I suffer and I'm at whit's end. I may try homeopathic means. Any suggestiions? Have you any experience with patients encountering sinus pressure as a reaction to HIV meds?

P.S. - I've been HIV positive for 25 years - a long time survivor...

I haven't observed localized symptoms such as yours (sinus pressure) that was linked to Truvada/Viramune. If no other explanation found then switching your meds (such as Sustiva for Viramune) on a careful trial basis could be considered. If any reader knows of any reported cases such as described here please post. KH

POSITIVE URINE TEST
Baraclude effect on hiv