Help, I might be losing my sight on left eye!

Dear Doctor,

I´ve been HIV 15 years and had been very ill 3 years ago but have been recovering after new treatment, Viramune, Norvir and Ritonavir, I had active CMV for some time but it is not in progression now but it left some scars and some lost eye sight on both eyes, I´ve been looked after regularly by my expert, now it seems that my left eye is going to fail due to an Retina failure, there´s supposedly a hole or many holes in it but my doctor say´s they are undetectable so my choices now are an operation which might leave me with almost lost eyesight or I become very farsighted on this eye but I am nearsighted on the right eye,or the other choice is to do nothing and just loose sight as it comes, hmmm, my doctor recommends the latter option, please can you give me some a second opinion and even tell me if there are any way´s on avoiding to loose my sight.

best regards JHG

Dear JHG,

your question falls under the management of opportunistic infections forum but I will give my two cents worth. You don't mention how well your HIV is under control or what your CD4 count is or whether you have any evidence for CMV elsewhere (all key parameters). I assume by expert you are being seen by a retinal expert(an eye doc with special expertise dealing with the retina)with lots of HIV experience who is used to dealing with retinal detachments in this setting. That is the type of expert along with an HIV specialist that needs to look at the particulars of your important case.

KH

help please!!!!!
Swollen and Painful Lymph Nodes