Mar 22, 2008
I have a brother who was diagnosed with HIV years ago. Recently his is constantly sick, in and out of the hospital just recently had to get a blood transfusion due to increased white blood cells with a decrease in red blood cells. He doesn't share his problems with the rest of the family but we feel he is in the last stages of this illness. Since there is talk about "Multisystem infection and significant weight loss". Should i prepare for the worst now?
Response from Dr. Henry
You certainly describe a worrisome situation. A direct talk with your brother and his physician would be advisable to allow family to support him as much as possible/reasonable with whatever lies ahead. KH
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Rid Of Vaginal Cysts?
- Std Irritation Inside Penis Treatment
- Can You Get HIV Symptoms After A Week?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.