|Infertility and Meds
Mar 22, 2008
Hi Dr. Henry:
I'm on Atripla and Lexapro. Can prolonged use either of these drugs make a man 40 years old plus infertile? The reason I ask is that I hope to one day to possibly have children naturally or through sperm washing.
Thanks and Good Bless.
Response from Dr. Henry
Most patients taking Atripla and Lexapro for years would not develop fertility problems, though the Lexapro can cause impotence in some patients. KH
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex With Condom
- Are Purple Spots A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.