help !

I don't know if it is the meds that I am on (sustiva, 3tc and vread) but most weeks, I find blood in my stool and my doctor is not taking it seriously. Somtime it just a flow of blood. I don't know what else to do! maybe it is the meds that are too strong for me. I just need a second opinion. what do you think?

None of the HIV meds you are taking are likely to directly cause blood in the stool. Persistent gut irritation/loose stools from one of the drugs (such as tenofovir) can aggravate already existing problems such as hemorrhoids that are a common cause of blood in the stool. A direct exam with sigmoidoscopy or colonscopy is often needed to sort out what is causing the bleeding (again-hemorrhoids are most common but other causes such as cancer need to be considered as well).KH

Taking Truvada & Sustiva - pls help -2nd question
Infertility and Meds