hiv and stroke

My grandmother is 73 years and is hiv positive. She started using ARVs in September, last year. Last week Sunday, she was attacked by stroke and her right side of the body is not working. What are the chances that she will recover? I am really worried. She is not eating well and I wonder if that is not going to interfere with the ARVs. I'm raelly worried

Recovery from stroke can be difficult for any patient regardless of HIV status depending on the extent of the brain damage. Often the recovery chances are not related to HIV infection. Controlling HIV infection, treating other underlying health problems (such as high blood pressure or tobacco use) ,good physical therapy, good nutrition, and maintaining a positive attitude (avoid or treating serious depression) are key elements to a better outcome but often those present huge challenges. KH

trimune 40
Missing your HIV meds for an extended period of time?