Side effects of bactrim & pentamidine
Mar 22, 2008
When administering bactrim and pentamidine to a child with AIDS, what common side effect should be monitored?
Response from Dr. Henry
The major side effects of Bactrim are rash and an effect on the white and red blood cell counts. For pentamidine, the major side effects are kidney dysfunction, low blood pressure, blood sugar abnormalities, low white blood cell counts, and stomach/gut side effects. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- How Accurate Is The Orasure Advanced Rapid HIV Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.