|Side effects of bactrim & pentamidine
Mar 22, 2008
When administering bactrim and pentamidine to a child with AIDS, what common side effect should be monitored?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The major side effects of Bactrim are rash and an effect on the white and red blood cell counts. For pentamidine, the major side effects are kidney dysfunction, low blood pressure, blood sugar abnormalities, low white blood cell counts, and stomach/gut side effects. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bactrim And Aids
- Should I Take Bactrim If I Have Aids?
- If You Have Sex With A Girl And Another Without A Condom Do I Have Hiv?
- What Is Your Viral Load And Cd4 Count If Your Undetectable With Hiv?
- What Is The Difference Between Private And Government Funded Organizations Regarding Hiv?
- Could Hiv Cause A High White Blood Cell Count
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.