Erectile Disfunction

I have been sexually inactive for a couple of years and recently I met a compatible woman. We have not gone as far as sex yet; but we have been doing some heavy petting and I have noticed that although I get aroused easily, my erection is not as firm as it used to be. I am afraid I wont be able to make her happy when the time is right, so to speak. I heard that some of the anti-retrovials impact male libido and fertility. And would you recommend ED drugs to an HIVer who is in good health?

Problems with sexual performance are common in the general population and HIV+ men as well. The specific contribution of any one specific HIV medication has not been well delineated. Many HIV+ men with impotence may have low testoterone levels or psychological/stress issues contributing to the problem that may need attention. Drugs like Viagra may be helpful but doses need to be watched carefully when taking a protease inhibitor and drugs related to nitroglycerin need to be avoided. Most HIV providers are comfortable discussing these issues with their patients so I would bring up your concerns with your provider. KH

Colonoscopy
Afraid of losing my face