Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Heart issues related to drug interaction

I tested HIV+ in 1988 ...great health no IO's..current drugs are Zerit, Agenerase and Sustiva...undetectable VL and CD4 770...Seems that I have been having heart tightening and or stress around the chest in the evenings prior to sleep. Next week scheduled for stress test and working on decreasing the folic acid count ..currently 14.8.

The question is regarding the long term effects of the drug theropy in which my symptoms may be related.

thx.

mike

You don't mention some important variables such as your age, smoking history, family history of heart disease, any evidence of diabetes, any elevations in cholesterol or triglycerides, how much you exercise, etc. Those issues all impact your odds for having heart disease. HIV therapy related heart disease is so far not seen very often and generally doesn't develop too rapidly. The particular HIV drugs you are on on not usually bad offenders regarding the impact on cholesterol and other fats in your blood. A good general health evaluation and/or a stress test sounds like a reasonable idea. You are doing well from the HIV perspective and I wouldn't change your regimen out of concern for heart disease for the time being.

KH

What would you do if your hair was falling out?
help please!!!!!