Confused about Fiber
Mar 14, 2008
I have been HIV positive for 13 months and have been on Atripla for 6 and a half months. The only side effect of my medication that really bothers me is the loose stool. In my experience, limiting fiber intake in my food seems to help but I am reading many articles on this site that suggests the opposite. I primarily eat Chinese food (rice, meat, veg). Are there good fibers and bad fibers? Cruciferous vegetables and some fruits seem to make the loose bowel worse.
Response from Dr. Henry
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Kaposi Sarcoma Kill You?
- How To Treat Seborrheic Dermatitis When You Are Hiv Positive?
- Bleeding Gums How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Genital Rubbing?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Making Out?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sucking Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.