Confused about Fiber

I have been HIV positive for 13 months and have been on Atripla for 6 and a half months. The only side effect of my medication that really bothers me is the loose stool. In my experience, limiting fiber intake in my food seems to help but I am reading many articles on this site that suggests the opposite. I primarily eat Chinese food (rice, meat, veg). Are there good fibers and bad fibers? Cruciferous vegetables and some fruits seem to make the loose bowel worse.

I haven't noted any clear link to any particular diet to loose stools sometimes linked to Atripla (sometimes due to the tenofovir). If any reader has any reference on the subject please post. KH

lypodystrophy
Taking supplements with HIV meds