Exercise vs wasting syndrome

I have a question about exercise & nutrition versus wasting syndrome. First my last labs/dr visit was 1/9 of this year. CD4 was 600, vl undetectable. I am a male, 5'8, slight build and all my adult life weighed 145 until 5 years ago when I was diagnosed. Perhaps it was depression I'm not sure, but I gained about 20 pounds and had been 165 pounds since. At the beginning this year I decided to do something about it and began exercising. Both aerobics & weight training, eating lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables and am now down to 150 and feel GREAT! Much more energy, less fatigue, sleeping much better, etc. A couple of friends suggested it was a mistake not to hold onto my former weight because of being positive and that prompted my question. Isn't it healthier to maintain a healthy weight, vs carrying around an extra 15/20 pounds or so of fat (which it was). I've mostly lost in the waist area. I will be discussing it with my doctor on my next visit in May, but thought it might be prudent to ask here. As I mentioned before most of my adult life I was a healthy 145 pounds for my build. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Eating healthy/exercising and carrying an appropriate (not excessive) weight makes sense for most patients even in the context of HIV infection. KH

ARV SIDE EFFECT
Lactic Acedemia and Low Carbon Dioxide