|severe intestinal condition
Mar 8, 2008
can pseudomembranous colitis, an antibiotic related condition, be related to taking Atripla. I am healthy and have not been on antibiotics and my hiv doc is on vacation,
Response from Dr. Henry
Colitis as you mention can be due to Clostridium difficile infection which most often occurs after use of antibiotics. The tenofovir in Truvada sometimes causes loose stools but not generally pseudomembranous colitis (not seen much at all with Atripla- < < 1%). KH
Atripla Dizziness - Time to give up and change?
HIV and Allergies
- Can You Tell How Long Someone Has Been Hiv Positive?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- What Stage In Hiv Do Night Sweats Occur Early Or Late?
- How Much Does Hep B Treatment Cost?
- Ways Of Passing Hpv To Children
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.