Atripla Dizziness - Time to give up and change?

Hi there,

I started treatment with ATRIPLA 30 days ago and am still suffering from severe dizziness during the day. I find it hard to concentrate at work and am generally tired and distracted. Should I hang in there and hope that the dizziness will subside (if so how long should I give it?) or do you think I should talk to my doctor about finding an alternative to ATRIPLA. This is all very new to me (my first regimen) and I'm worried about throwing in the towel too soon and giving up a good treatment option. Thanks for your help!

Perhaps 10% of patients still experience annoying central nervous system side effects from Atripla (usually due to the efavirenz) after 4 weeks on the drug. Although the symptom may still diminish I would be concerned in your case that it won't (? wait another several weeks) and that a switch of the efavirenz to a boosted PI on at least a trial basis might be warranted (to see if the dizziness resolves). KH

antiHIV meds induced hepatitis
severe intestinal condition